Audioengine HD6 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- FLAGSHIP POWERED BLUETOOTH BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS WITH INTEGRATED DAC: Audioengine has brought traditional high-quality audio equipment into the digital age. Their range of Award-Winning products have been praised by What Hi-Fi, CNet, and Wired to name just a few of the publications who have tested their products over the past 13 years.
- BLUETOOTH, S/PDIF OPTICAL, RCA & 3.5mm INPUTS: Connect directly to your MAC, PC, Phone or Laptop via Bluetooth, or other sound producing device through the 3.5mm, Optical or RCA inputs - start enjoying audiophile quality sound straight out of the box! The aptX HD Bluetooth codec with 30 meter range and 24bit Digital DAC allows you to bypass the low quality sound card in your laptop or phone to deliver premium quality sound.
- PROFESSIONAL AMPLIFIED OUTPUT: Room filling sound from Bookshelf Speakers with 150 watts of combined peak output. Combine these with the Audioengine DS2 speaker stands to elevate these speakers and experience premium sound at ear level. The HD6 is the flagship of the Audioengine range, combining all of the inputs that you would ever need in this modern age with clear Audiophile-quality sound and deep bass.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine HD6 Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth Antenna, Aluminum cased remote control, 4m Speaker Wire, Power Supply & Cord, 2m 3.5mm Mini-Jack Audio Cable, 2m RCA Audio Cable, Microfiber Speaker bags and Cable Bags, Setup Guide, Brochure
- WARRANTY: All Audioengine products have a 3-year Limited Warranty on parts and labor from date of purchase.
- Read more
Tweeters produce the highest frequencies in sound, typically anything above 2,000 Hz. Usually located at the top of the speaker, tweeters come in different shapes (detailed below) and sizes. Generally speaking, the size of the tweeter is not as important as the shape. But, for some guidance, consider that a larger tweeter (measured by diameter in inches or millimeters) will likely be louder and able to disperse sound over a larger area.
Speakers with midrange drivers (i.e., at least three-way speakers) have a distinct advantage over two-way speakers. Adding a midrange driver to the mix allows tweeters and woofers to focus on the sound waves they’re best equipped to produce—high tones and low tones respectively. More specific and focused drivers means more accurate, robust sound. Compared to the other drivers, midranges cover sounds, not surprisingly, in the middle of high/treble and low/bass tones. The human voice and most instruments fall into this range. For more sophisticated listeners, or for those who truly want the best sound reproduction, a midrange driver is crucial.
The woofer is the driver that is responsible for low frequency sounds and bass - crucial for well-rounded, booming sound. It is the biggest driver in size, and is usually shaped like a cone. When reviewing different bookshelf speakers, you will often see a measurement in the product name, starting as low as 4” and ranging to 6 ½” or more. This measurement refers to the diameter of the woofer. A general rule of thumb is a bigger woofer means louder, more powerful bass. But, as with any speaker metric, this number alone doesn’t describe the loudness of the speaker and should be taken into consideration with other measurements such as sensitivity, which describes the loudness of a speaker per watt.
- Speaker wire (16AWG)
- Power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable
- RCA audio cable
- Compatible with PC, Mac, tablets or smartphones
- Comes with aluminum remote control