Q Acoustics 3020i - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Q Acoustics 3020i
- Award-winning design heritage to shelf or stand mount to fit seamlessly into your chosen listening room, Larger cabinet increased cabinet volume from previous models delivering a larger scale sound and deeper bass
- P2P bracing – helps keep the enclosure extra quiet through computer aided placement of internal bracing, Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo
- New low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm (0.16 in) Banana Plugs
- Enclosure Type: 2-way reflex, Bass Driver: 125 mm (5 in), Tweeter: 22 mm (0.9 in), Frequency Response: 64Hz – 30kHz, Impedance: 6Ohms, Minimum Impedance: 4Ohms, Sensitivity: (2.83 V@1 m) 88dB, Power Input: 50-125W, Cross-over Frequency: 2.4kHz, Dimensions (WxHxD): 170x278x282 mm, Weight: 5.5kg
- What’s in the box: 2 x 3020i bookshelf speakers, 2 x Speaker Grilles, 2 x Foam Bungs, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Handling Gloves.
- Read more
Tweeters produce the highest frequencies in sound, typically anything above 2,000 Hz. Usually located at the top of the speaker, tweeters come in different shapes (detailed below) and sizes. Generally speaking, the size of the tweeter is not as important as the shape. But, for some guidance, consider that a larger tweeter (measured by diameter in inches or millimeters) will likely be louder and able to disperse sound over a larger area.
Speakers with midrange drivers (i.e., at least three-way speakers) have a distinct advantage over two-way speakers. Adding a midrange driver to the mix allows tweeters and woofers to focus on the sound waves they’re best equipped to produce—high tones and low tones respectively. More specific and focused drivers means more accurate, robust sound. Compared to the other drivers, midranges cover sounds, not surprisingly, in the middle of high/treble and low/bass tones. The human voice and most instruments fall into this range. For more sophisticated listeners, or for those who truly want the best sound reproduction, a midrange driver is crucial.