Most popular bluetooth speakers
AmazonBasics BTV1 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!
- Contains two internal 5W speakers and a built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 2.9 x 3.1 inches (25.9 x 7.4 x 7.9 cm)
- Connects to any Bluetooth-enabled device from up to 30 feet (10 metres) away or by 3.5mm stereo cable (not included)
- Up to 4 hours of wireless play on a single charge, comes with an AC power adapter for charging and constant play time
- PAIRING FOR THE FIRST TIME: Turn ON your Speaker and press the Function Button for 3 to 5 seconds until the LED blinks faster. Go to your Bluetooth Settings on your device (smartphone, tablet...) and select Amazon_BT3 from the device list
- Read more